- 1 loaf of fresh wheat bread cut into 1 inch slices (I used Boudin)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp Trader Joe's bourbon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- organic maple syrup
- sliced banana
- In a shallow bowl beat eggs with almond milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Heat butter or oil in skillet.
- Dip slices of bread into egg mixture coating both sides.
- Place in heated pan, cook both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with sprinkle of powdered sugar (optional), cinnamon, syrup and sliced banana.