This German Pancake recipe from my friend, Chelsea, is sure to be a hit. It’s considered grain free, dairy free, gluten free, paleo, and refined sugar free. It is a great way to start your day because it provides your brain with healthy fats, caprylic acid, CLA’s, and fiber.
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Pinch sea salt
- Melted butter
- Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- While the oven is heating place a large cast iron skillet inside with 1/3 cup coconut oil.
- In the blender combine eggs, almond milk, arrowroot powder, coconut flour and sea salt.
- When the oven is ready pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 20-25 min depending on your oven. 22 is perfect for mine every time.
- Top with melted grass-fed butter and maple syrup!
Chelsea made a fun Vine video of the process. Check it out!