I love making spiced nuts as an alternative to Christmas cookies. Here’s my recipe for Candied Pecans. My house smells amazing right now!!
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup organic raw cane sugar OR organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- sprinkle of ground clove
- Beat egg whites with a whisk for a minute until frothy.
- Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Beat again.
- Fold in pecan halves until completely coated.
- Spread on sheet pan and bake 1 hour at 225 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks or wrap up as a beautiful gift!