I used to waitress at a mexican restaurant called, Los Dados and I would order this Mexican Street Corn after almost every shift. Something about the salty queso fresco mixed with the sour lime juice is just…well…it’s the best thing ever! This is a perfect option for a Cinco De Mayo side dish or any summer BBQ!
- 4 ears of corn, unhusked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- coarse sea salt to taste
- Rub corn with oil and place on the grill pan, turning corn so all sides are charred, about 6 to 10 minutes. Corn will char unevenly, that's alright.
- Remove corn from heat and brush with mayo. You can also roll it through mayo in a large shallow bowl. Be careful, the corn is hot!
- Sprinkle with cheese, cilantro, chili powder and a pinch of salt. Squeeze lime over the corn to finish.
- Note:If you're doing more of a formal meal, you can cut the corn off the cob and toss with all the same ingredients. It's still just as delicious and a little easier to eat.