Beauty expert and creator of The Beauty Bean, Alexis Wolfer, has just debuted her highly-anticipated first book, The Recipe for Radiance. The handy beauty-bible boasts 131 all-natural DIY beauty and food recipes—from industry experts, celebs and chefs—offering affordable and easy ways to beautify from the inside out.
Using ingredients already in your kitchen, The Recipe for Radiance addresses every major beauty concern with internal (EAT IT) and topical (APPLY IT) food-based solutions.
This delicious pudding is one of my favorite recipes in the book! Raw cacao is loaded with anti-aging flavonoids, procyanidin, and catechins. Plus, avocado, the base of this raw brownie batter pudding, is packed with hydrating and anti-aging fats and antioxidants that protect skin from sun damage and ensure that skin stays hydrated, supple, and youthful. I could get used to eating my way to beautiful!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Granny Smith apple (optional)
- Banana (optional)
- Strawberries (optional)
- Puree the avocado in a food processor or with an immersion blender until creamy.
- Slowly add the raw cacao powder, agave, vanilla extract, and almond milk, stirring constantly until well blended
- Top with walnuts and/or fruit for dipping, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
You can grab your own copy of The Recipe for Radiance HERE