Summer is here and you know what that means – outdoor entertaining, lighter eating, salads, smoothies and grilling everything in sight! To kick off the summer, culinary healthy food expert, Chef Kathy Fang is sharing some unique and nutritious recipes from her blog, MyFangalicious.com.
Kathy is a very talented up-and-coming chef who has emerged from a renowned culinary family in San Francisco to enliven the city’s food scene at Fang Restaurant. Kathy’s passion for food and health is admirable. This Burrata Salad is one of my favorites; it’s comforting, refreshing and perfect for a summertime starter.
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, one yellow and one red or orange in color (choosing different colors will make a more colorful salad/presentation)
- 3 Early Girl Tomatoes (they are smaller than the heirloom and a lot sweeter) This helps add another element to the salad
- 1 nectarine
- 1 pack of fresh burrata
- olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced italian herbs or pesto
- Slice all your heirloom tomatoes and nectarine into small thin pieces.
- Place your heirloom in the middle of the plate.
- Flank the heirloom with the Early Girl tomatoes
- Place the nectarines on top of the heirloom.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Season with a few cracks of fresh black pepper and sea salt
- Top with burrata and drizzle olive oil and balsamic on it as well as season it a tiny bit with pepper and salt
- Dollop one teaspoon with minced herbs or pesto
Check out Kathy’s blog for more delicious and healthy recipes!