Part of the reason I prep my weekly menu, is to ensure we don’t have two of the same kind of meals in a week. I try to have something a bit out of the ordinary and Thai curry is a favorite of my husband and I. I discovered this recipe awhile back and have tweaked it so that it fits our taste buds perfectly! Play around with it, add or subtract items and figure out what you like best. The more you add, the bigger this dish becomes and the more leftovers you’ll have. Sometimes I’ll also add an onion or mango if I have an extra on hand. You can’t mess this recipe up!
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (olive oil is fine too)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass (you can find it in a tube in the produce department)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger (Tip: tightly wrap your ginger root in saran wrap and freeze it to keep it longer!)
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 cups water
- Make rice in your rice cooker or according to package.
- Heat oil in a large wok, add the garlic, saute.
- Add the curry, ginger and the thicker cream on top of the can of coconut milk to the pan, whisk.
- Now add the rest of the coconut milk along with everything but the chicken and pineapple, whisk.
- Bring to a slow boil for 7 minutes. Add the chicken and pineapple and cook till the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and let your taste buds get happy!