This month I was asked to guest curate a Thanksgiving Pinterest board for Veev. I was already a huge fan of their product, but incorporating their VitaFrute into recipes made me love it even more. All of Veev’s products are organic and all natural, so using it to create recipes is super simple.
Because the theme of my board is “Hassle Free Holidays”, I wanted to do a play on a traditional holiday dish. Poached pears immediately came to mind because they’re beautiful, fresh and festive. The finished product surpassed my expectations; the tequila adds an amazing punch, and the flavors of the lemon, lime and agave sweeten the pears naturally. I would highly recommend this recipe for your next dinner party or as a simple holiday dessert.
- 1 bottle Veev VitaFrute Margarita
- 8 oz water
- 8 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- 7 organic bartlett pears
- Pumpkin Pie Spice to garnish (optional)
- Using a melon baller, remove core from bottom end of pears.
- Bring VitaFrute, water and orange juice to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- Add pears.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover; cook until tip of small knife pierces pears easily, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Remove pears from heat, cool.
- Garnish with Pumpkin Pie Spice and serve alone or over vanilla ice-cream.