I’ve been having so much fun creating festive recipes with Veev VitaFrute! These Cosmo Cupcakes might be my new favorite dessert. They’re not overpowering at all, so you can serve them for any occasion- but how fun would they be for a friends-giving or holiday dinner party?! You can garnish them with fresh cranberry or pomegranate seeds instead of lime to make them look more wintery.
I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Strawberry Cake Mix, because I wanted a product anyone could find at their local grocery store. If you’d prefer to go with an organic or gluten free mix just look for one that calls for a cup of water, that’s what you’ll be substituting with the your cosmo mixture.
In my opinion the lime cream cheese frosting is what makes the cupcakes! The fresh lime flavor paired with the cosmo cupcake, makes it taste like a mini cocktail.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 Betty Crocker Super Moist Strawberry Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Veev VitaFrute Cosmopolitan
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp lime Juice
- 1 8oz container Whipped Topping
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 1 lime cut into tiny wedges for garnish
- Heat your oven to 350.
- Use cupcake wrappers to line your cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, VitaFrute Cosmo, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally,
- Pour into cupcake pan.
- Bake 12-17 minutes for traditional sized cupcakes and 9-10 minutes for mini cupcakes (like mine).
- Frosting: Beat softened cream cheese, lime juice, until well incorporated.
- Add confectioners sugar and beat well, scraping sides so all ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in whipped topping- do not beat in!
- Pipe frosting high on cooled cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a small lime wedge.