To celebrate real and simple ingredients, Top Chef judge and celebrity culinary expert Gail Simmons created an exclusive cocktail recipe perfect for spring and summer dining. This Charred Pomelo Twist is definitely on the menu for my next dinner party!
- Canola oil for grill
- 1 pink grapefruit, quartered
- 1/2 cup Pure Leaf Sweet Tea
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fine smoked salt
- Heat a grill pan to medium high heat and brush with canola oil. Add quartered grapefruit, flesh side down, and grill until well charred, 2–3 minutes per cut side. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Juice grapefruit, straining seeds and reserving one juiced wedge. In a cocktail shaker, muddle together charred grapefruit juice and cilantro. Add Sweet Tea and plenty of ice and shake until well chilled.
- Rub the rim of two rocks glasses with the reserved grapefruit wedge. Spread the smoked salt on a plate and swirl the rims of each glass through the salt to coat. Add ice to glasses.
- Strain the grapefruit/tea mixture into the glasses. Garnish each with a few cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
- Optional: Add 2 oz mezcal to mixture before shaking.