To celebrate Memorial Day, the awesome folks at Captain Morgan are hosting a fun competition that I’m taking part in. The brand challenged me and a handful of bloggers to create an original punch recipe using one of the three new Captain Morgan Flavors – Grapefruit, Pineapple or Coconut. I accepted the challenge and chose Grapefruit as my rum of choice!
My cocktail is straightforward, with simple ingredients. Coconut water, sparkling water, fresh grapefruit juice, Captain Morgan Grapefruit and mint for garnish. Here’s how you make it:
- 10 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 14 ounces coconut water
- 6 ounces Captain Morgan Grapefruit Rum
- Sparkling water
- Mint for garnish
- In a large pitcher combine juice, coconut water and rum.
- Fill the rest of the pitcher with crushed ice.
- Pour drink into glasses and top with sparkling water to taste.
- Garnish with wedge of grapefruit and mint leaves.
Give this light, summery cocktail a try and let me know if you think it’s a winner. Find more cocktail ideas by searching the hashtag #SunsOutRumsOut!