It’s time to celebrate the Fourth of July, and what better way to salute our country than with a delicious red, white, and blue dessert! Blueberries, raspberries, and white chocolate chips make a scrumptious dessert quesadilla that is easy to prepare and grill. It’s easy – after the family BBQ, keep the grill warm, and treat your family and guests to this fruity dessert!
- Four Flour Tortillas
- Cup of white chocolate morsels
- Cup of fresh raspberries
- Cup of fresh blueberries
- Ricotta cheese
- Confectioners sugar
- Making the Filling: Combine 8 ounce container whole ricotta cheese,1/2 cup confectioners sugar, 2 tsp vanilla.
- Whirl in a food processor. This makes the filling for two quesadillas.
- Making The Quesadilla: Spread 1/3 of the filling on one tortilla (this is the bottom).
- Sprinkle semi-sweet morsels.
- Place 2nd tortilla on top.
- Spread light film of filling.
- Decorate top with raspberries and blueberries.
- Add a few more white chocolate morsels.
- Grilling the Quesadilla: Medium Heat 400 F.
- Use a grilling spray or wipe the raised rails with oil.
- Slide the Quesadilla off the cutting board onto the Grill. Close lid.
- Check in 3-4 minutes by slightly lifting an edge to see the sear marks.
- Quarter turn if dark searing or wait and quarter turn in 1-2 minutes. Close lid.
- Check for firmness of quesadilla. Crispy, firm is perfection.
- Determine whether to give it a couple of more minutes or off it comes onto the cutting board.
- Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Cut and Serve.