“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Neutrogena. I received samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
In two months we’re taking our first family vacation to Maui! I’m so excited for a get-away, but I’m also a little nervous. This will be the first time we’ve traveled with the little guy and I want to make sure we have everything we need to keep him comfortable and protected from the sun. I’m big on planning ahead, so I’ve created a beach pack list to get the preparation started! Here’s what we’re bringing for our days by the pool and on the sand:
- Sunscreen- I’ve always been a Neutrogena girl because I have extremely sensitive skin, it’s also what I’ll be packing for my hubby and Max. I received the products pictured and was extremely impressed with how smooth and gentle all 3 lotions were. I’m also extremely sensitive to smell (especially on my face), so I love that they’re fragrance free.
The Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen Stick (SPF 60) that I’m packing is an extra-gentle formula that’s ideal for my baby’s delicate, sensitive skin. Neutrogena uses naturally sourced ingredients, which is very important to me. I also love the easy-to-use stick application. I’ll bring the Pure & Free Liquid and Sensitive Skin Sunscreen for my husband and me, because it goes on evenly, feels ultra light and doesn’t make me break out.
- Baby Carrier- I’m packing our Moby so we can be hands free to haul our gear. I figure this will also be great for the airport.
- Beach Bag- I’m a fan of this mesh bag from Target because it’s waterproof and will pack easily. It’s also only $7.99, which is pretty darn cheap! I have a solid yellow one, but this bright pattern is also super cute!
- Wet Bag- For Max’s swim lessons I’ve been using diaper bags to pack up his wet clothing for the ride home; that’s a pretty big waste of bags when you can buy one that’s reusable. I got this wet/dry bag from Pottery Barn kids. Was personalizing it a little excessive? Probably. NO REGRETS THOUGH CUZ IT WAS ON SALE.
- Beach towels- We don’t need to pack full sized towels for our trip because we’ll just use the hotel’s…but I had to get this sweet little towel/coverup (also from Pottery Barn Kids). It will be perfect for extra sun protection or to bundle up the babe after some splashing around in the pool.
- Beach blanket- This blanket from L.L. Bean is perfect for the beach. It’s made from nylon parachute silk that remains cool to the touch even on hot summer days, and has corner pockets that can be staked down or filled with sand to keep the blanket from blowing away. It’s easy to clean and dries in minutes.
- Bottle Cooler- Staying hydrated is super important for all of us! I’ll be bringing my trusty Skip Hop bottle cooler. It’s really great and doesn’t take up a ton of room.
- Sunglasses- Paxley, Pottery Barn Kids and Babiators have some ridiculously cute styles for babies! Eye protection isn’t just for grown ups (and thank goodness because they’re so fun to shop for!).
- Sun Hat, swim diaper, swimsuit and rash guard– I was gifted a hat and swim diaper from My Swim Baby and it’s awesome quality. Honest Company also has great options. If you like dressing up your littles like mini surfers, Quicksilver has some CUTE rash guards and board shorts!!! Here are some of my favorites:
- Beach toys- Max is at a great age for this department. We won’t really need much because he’s happy with anything he can hold (and put in his mouth), but I found some cute ones at Melissa & Doug, that can also be used in the bathtub when we get home.
- Pop Up Tent- This Play Shade Pop Up Tent will be great for naps on the beach and can easily fit into our luggage. I also like that it’s also big enough for me to lay in if I decide to nurse him, and that it offers the highest UPF rating available at 50+ UPF.
- Pool Float with Sun Canopy- This float has a 3-position adjustable sun canopy to keep Max’s skin safe and protected from sun damage as he splashes and plays. The sun canopy blocks more than 90% of UV rays, which Mama likes!
- Baby Powder- Did you know that baby powder easily removes sand from skin? I just learned this trick from another mommy! Apply to sandy areas and brush off.
Wishing everyone a fun and sun-safe summer! What else would you seasoned pros recommend? Anything I missed?
UPDATE: I packed everything on this list, and the only thing I wasn’t crazy about was the Pottery Barn cover up. It’s wonderful quality, and I loved the embroidery- but it doesn’t have arm holes. The poncho style isn’t great for a baby that likes to be held with their arms around your neck…or just move their arms to play in general. I wanted to come back and give the heads up since it’s definitely a splurge item.