Compensation was provided by Nestlé Coffee-mate® via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Coffee-mate®.
A couple weeks ago I shared one of my favorite summer memories, which was eating frozen cookies around the pool. The more I reminisced, the more I wanted to recreate a grown up version of that sweet treat!
My favorite frozen cookies then and now are Thin Mints, hands down. I used to get a mint chocolate chip ice-cream cake for every single birthday growing up. Chocolate, mint and ice-cold is my jam! As an adult, I look forward to ditching hot coffee and switching over to cold brew when the weather gets warm. When I lived in New York, everyone would herd out to brunch on the very first sunny day of the year- drinking my first iced coffee of the season reminds me of that.
So when it came to combining my childhood love of frozen treats with my adult love for cold brew, the choice was obvious: Thin Mint Frappuccinos using Coffee-mate Girl Scouts® Thin Mints®! It’s literally like childhood in a glass- such a perfect treat for a summer afternoon.
I whipped these up for a pool day this weekend and they were a huge hit. I felt like 8-year-old Tracy again, minus the florescent one piece. Here’s how you make them:
- 6 oz cold brew concentrate
- 2 oz whole milk
- 2 oz water
- 2 tablespoons Coffee-mate Girl Scouts® Thin Mints®
- approx. 2 cups ice
- I love using large mason jars because you can use the oz. measurement on the side!
- Combine coffee, milk, water, Coffee-mate Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® and ice. Blend at low speed until ice is crushed, then blend at high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add a little extra milk if the consistency is too thick.
- Twirl chocolate syrup inside of your glass before filling with blended drink.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional (but you only live once!): Garnish with whipped topping and shaved chocolate.
I had a blast recreating this #SweetThrowback using Coffee-mate. Which flavor do you want to try?
This summer Nestlé Coffee-mate® is celebrating the sweetest form of nostalgia with their exclusive range of fun, exciting flavors that evoke delicious memories and emotions of the past. These sweet throwback flavors include Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookie, Caramel Macchiato and Classic Vanilla.