It’s the holiday season and we’re all eating anything and everything; so why not throw in some spiked brownies swirled with rich cream cheese topping while we’re at it? Exactly. Glad you agree.
This vid will teach you everything you need to know about making some boozy brownies in less than a minute.
Full disclosure: I say use softened cream cheese because I did not. I also added all the cheese mixture ingredients together at once for the sake of a quick video, but follow steps 5 & 6 as written. They turned out beautifully and Christmas was saved, but take the time to get that mixture nice and creamy.
- 1 (18 to 20 oz.) pkg. brownie mix
- Vegetable and eggs as directed on brownie mix package
- 1/4 cup Guinness
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray large muffin pan or 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray: set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix with oil and eggs as directed on package, stirring in Guinness in place of water.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin tin, set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well combined and creamy. Beat in egg until throughly mixed.
- Stir in Irish Cream.
- Spoon mixture evenly over brownie batter and gently swirl using a fork or knife.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until middle is just set and small cracks begin to form. Cool completely.
- Top with melted chocolate, whipped cream or sliced fruit.
This recipe was adapted from the book Drunken Desserts...which was given to me by my mom. Thanks, Mom!
Video by Amelia Damplo www.ameliadamplo.com