This Loaded Breakfast Bake is my go-to brunch recipe. It’s also great for prepping a weeks worth of breakfast, as it re-heats wonderfully. I originally found the recipe on The 36th Avenue, and have played with it overtime. I love to use the egg, cheese, hash brown mixture as the base and play around with proteins and veggies. I’ve added everything from chorizo to broccoli, and it’s all been delicious. Watch the video for a quick how-to, then save the recipe below.
Note: When you’re cooking under a camera you do silly things. Add salt and pepper as you’re mixing (obvs).
Video by Amelia Damplo www.ameliadamplo.com
- 1 package sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I used the full 2 in the video)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Chop.
- Retain the drippings in the skillet and lower heat to medium. Add veggies and sauté until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard any drippings.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Fold in hash browns, cheese (if you like a cheesier dish, use 2 cups cheese), veggies and bacon.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until the center comes out clean when inserted with a knife.
- 45 mins is always plenty for me, especially if it's going to sit on the stove for a while before I serve it.