With the Super Bowl quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to share a game-day recipe!
Rooting on the Orange & Blue? Impress guests with this Bucking BBQ Bites recipe. Cheering for the Cats? Click HERE to make some Dab On ‘Em Wings.
- Chicken Recipe:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. (half pound) bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup Spicy Sweet BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- Sauce Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chile sauce
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- For sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, or until thickened as desired. Stir occasionally. Use immediately as you wish, or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Wrap each chicken piece with a small strip of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush with BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, brush bites with more BBQ sauce, and return to oven.
- Bake for 15 more minutes. Serve warm.