I don’t know about you, but my skin takes a beating in the winter! This Chocolate Coconut Sugar Scrub from Celebrity Manicurist and Owner of As U Wish Nail Salon, Skyy Hadley is perfect to revive dry hands and feet. The cocoa smells delicious and is rich in antioxidants which are very beneficial to your skin. Skin is very absorbent and will draw the antioxidants from the cocoa, helping to battle free radical damage that makes it look dehydrated and dull. This is also a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift for teachers! Mix it in a mason jar and tie it up with a pretty little bow.
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (in solid form)
- 1/3 cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- a few drops of coconut extract or essential oil
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until combined. Make sure to mix enough so there are no chunks remaining.
- To use the scrub, simply rub it all over your hands and feet and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off using warm water and follow up with a hydrating moisturizer such as Josie Maran’s Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream!
- Also always apply a cuticle oil to keep nails looking fresh. I like to use Lauren B.’s Nail and Cuticle Balm because it’s so easy to use and doesn’t leave my nails oily!