Happy March! I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a week; with in-laws visiting and a first birthday party this weekend (sob) I’ve been a busy bee. Things will get back to normal next week (be prepared for birthday party spam).
Busyness aside, I couldn’t let St. Paddy’s Day creep any closer without sharing one of my favorite recipes. This slow cooker spinach and artichoke dip doesn’t get any easier, which leaves plenty of time for you to make some super special shamrock chips! I wish I could take credit for this dip, but it’s a recipe from Damn Delicious (link to original recipe here). I could have easily swapped a few ingredients to make it my own, but there’s no need to mess with perfection- and this dip is as creamy and delicious as it gets.
The hardest part about the chips is just cutting them out, which is actually therapeutic when you don’t get much adult time! Check out this quick minute long how-to video. Recipes below.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package spinach tortillas
- Place all ingredients except the cream cheese (and tortillas!) into a slow cooker. Stir until well combined. Top with cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- While the dip cooks, cut spinach tortillas into shamrock shapes.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 5-8 mins at 350.
- Stir dip until cream cheese is combined. Enjoy!