This post is sponsored by Philadelphia Cream Cheese. What a treat!
Growing up, there was a bagel shop near our house called Lox, Stock and Bagel. It was such a wonderful little place, and a special treat for my family after temple on Sundays. My absolute favorite thing was their bagel dog: A kosher hot dog wrapped in a soft bagel, with a side of warm Philadelphia Cream Cheese for dipping. It was heaven!
This weekend we had friends over for a casual get-together and I decided to recreate my favorite treat for them. It was a huge hit—and so easy! This recipe is perfect for everything from a kid’s party to sewing club with the girls. I mean, you truly can’t go wrong with any recipe using Philadelphia Cream Cheese; made with fresh milk, real cream and no preservatives, it’s oh-so-delicious.
I have been super honest in the past that I’m not a baker by any means, so when my local Sprouts started carrying organic pre-made pretzel dough I was stoked! If your market doesn’t carry refrigerated pretzel dough, pizza dough will work just fine!
- 1 package high-quality hot dogs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 14 oz can of premade pretzel or pizza dough
- 1 8-oz. brick of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- Everything seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pretzel salt or other coarse salt
- Pre-heat oven according to dough instructions.
- Cut and roll dough into 12-inch ropes.
- Wrap hot dogs, pinching dough together on both ends to seal.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of water. Brush hot dogs with the mixture.
- Mix all of the Everything Bagel Spices in a medium bowl. Sprinkle over moist dough, to taste.
- Bake according to directions. (Mine were perfect in 9 mins.)
- Put PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese in a microwave-safe container and cook at 30-second increments, stirring in between until it’s warm and creamy.
- Serve bagel dogs alongside the warm PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese dip.
For quick and easy entertaining, turn to Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Always have it on hand to create appetizers and desserts that pop. I had a great time making these bagel-wrapped hot dogs for a get-together with friends. For more creamy, delicious recipe ideas, click here: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/philadelphia/default.aspx