This post is sponsored by Philadelphia Cream Cheese. What a treat!
This weekend we had a couple friends over and I had my mind set on making stuffed dates; but I wanted to try a new twist! I decided to try an inside-out stuffed date: chopped dried dates and pistachios on top of a crusty baguette, spread with Philadelphia Cream Cheese and drizzled with honey—they were ah-mazing. Ladies and gentleman, I give you the stuffed date crostini!
The ingredients for this recipe are all simple and delicious. Find really great quality dried dates, a perfectly flakey baguette and pair with Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Philadelphia Cream Cheese is made with fresh milk, real cream and no preservatives—features that elevate any recipe.
- 1 baguette
- 1 8-oz. brick of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread, softened
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1 cup dried dates (you can also use dried figs!)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Slice baguette and place in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 mins until just warm.
- While baguette warms, pulse dates and pistachios in a food processer until you achieve a coarse chop.
- Pull baguettes out of the oven and spread slices with 1 tablespoon of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese.
- Top with date mixture and drizzle with honey.
- Delicious served warm or as a room-temp appetizer.
For quick and easy entertaining, turn to Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Always have it on hand to create appetizers and desserts that pop. I had a great time making these stuffed date crostinis for a get-together with friends. For more creamy, delicious recipe ideas, click here: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/philadelphia/default.aspx