It’s heating up here in SoCal, and this preggo has been craving all things cold and sweet! I really make an effort to eat healthy, so this Banana Granola Pop recipe is perfect. It satisfies my sweet tooth, and it’s also the perfect activity for play dates (kids love helping in the kitchen, so teach them to make you things dipped in chocolate and you’re set).
- 4 Bananas
- 3 tablespoons of granola (I LOVE Viki's Banana Walnut Granola)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips or shards
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- Peel, cut bananas in half crosswise and insert popsicle sticks. Place on a parchment-lined tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 3 hours.
- Place Viki's Banana Walnut Granola (or your granola of choice) into a shallow dish.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over slightly simmering water, over low heat, constantly stirring or microwave according to instructions on bag.
- Pour the chocolate into a tall glass. Dip each banana into the chocolate and roll in the granola straightaway.
- Place on a parchment-lined tray. Serve immediately or wrap individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap in the freezer.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does. I make the little guy a granola-free version (6 teeth), by dipping the banana in a little greek yogurt and freezing. He gets to eat with mommy and we both get a sweet-treat- WIN, WIN!
Ps. Here’s the granola I’m talking about if you want to try it. Click HERE.