This post is sponsored by Hebrew National.
We’ve had perfect grilling weather here in SoCal the last couple weeks, and we’ve been taking full advantage. There’s something so simple about prepping fresh ingredients and throwing them on the barbeque. Plus, it’s a good way to trick my husband into cooking- I prep and he grills!
One of our backyard staples are Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks, so with Cinco de Mayo coming up, I thought it would be fun to share our favorite “Spicy Dog” recipe. You start with delicious Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks, then top with spicy Mexican coleslaw.
I love feeding my family and friends wholesome food, so the Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks topped with fresh slaw are perfect. In my opinion quality all-beef hot dogs are worth paying more for. Here’s how you make them.
- 6 cups bagged coleslaw (I prefer the red and green mix)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (feel free to add more to taste)
- ½-1 tsp hot sauce, to taste (I usually use Mexican-style hot sauces but Sriracha also works!)
- Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks
- Optional: thinly sliced jalapenos for topping
- Combine coleslaw, green onions and cilantro in large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk mayo, lime juice, and hot sauce together and pour mixture over slaw. Toss and put in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. I like mine to sit for at least an hour, but it’s not necessary.
- Grill Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks, and throw buns on the grill to lightly toast (about 1 minute).
- Put Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks into your grilled buns and top with spicy slaw and sliced jalapenos (optional).
What makes a Hebrew National kosher hot dog premium? It’s all about what makes the cut (And what doesn’t). We’re choosy about what goes into our franks – we use only premium cuts of 100% kosher beef from the front half of the cow and then choose the best from that. No artificial flavors, colors, fillers or by-products. When your hot dog is kosher, that’s a hot dog you can trust! For more summer fun with Hebrew National, visit facebook.com/hebrewnational.