I am SO looking forward to the 4th of July this year! We moved into our new house a couple months ago, and weekends are dominated by home projects (while tag teaming the kiddos). The holiday falling on a weekday is the perfect opportunity to take a break and just enjoy the day! Swimming, grilling and patriotic cupcakes are the only thing on the agenda. Thank goodness.
Since most of us are going to be enjoying some fun in the sun, I wanted to share some of my favorite summer essentials (with some patriotism mixed in). Enjoy!
- A good ol’ American flag head wrap is a must on the 4th! It’s a little late to order one from an online boutique- but I found this one at Walmart!
- This Hooray For The USA shirt from SandiLake Clothing is so cute, and only one of the handful of options they have for adults and kiddos! I absolutely love ordering from this company, because the customer service is pretty much un-beatable and their products are great quality. This shirt can be worn all summer long!
- Rimmel’s Stay Matte gives you a bold, matte lip-look that stays on and doesn’t feel dry! It’s kiss-proof, waterproof and touch-proof, which is perfect for transitioning from pool to fireworks! This shade is called Fire Starter.
- I love this Oud Royal Thermal Protection Spray from Phillip B! It’s time-released hair perfume builds sexy texture, enhances shine and protects against damage from heated styling tools. Apply as a pre-styling primer to elevate shine and prevent breakage and split ends.
- This Smashbox Cosmetics Spotlight Palette (in Gold) contains three velvety smooth, blendable highlighters – two shimmer-finish shades and one mega sparkle that pops your features (or makes you look like you’ve slept in my case!). It is so beautiful on sun-kissed skin.
- I’ve talked about Maui Wowie before, but I just LOVE a good beach mist. I’ve tried so many, and this is among the very best. The ultra-light spray gives hair sexy volume and shiny, piecey, tousled waves (plus a gorgeous beachy scent). I use it with a beach waver, but it also works great sprayed on wet hair and air dried.
- This Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm is super soothing to the lips, and perfect for long days in the sun. I’ve always struggled with dry lips, and this is a summer fave for me.