Whether you’re entertaining or just trying to cool off this summer, this DIY ginger cantaloupe popsicle recipe from Terra’s Kitchen is the delicious, refreshing treat you need in your life.
They’re a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth – and the best part is they’re guilt-free!
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- Sliced fruit (optional)
- Popsicle forms and popsicle sticks
- In a small sauce pan, add the sugar and 1/2 cup water over medium heat. Cook just until the sugar has melted. Remove from heat and drop in ginger. Set aside until cooled. (Remove ginger when ready to use!)
- Slice cantaloupe in half and scoop out seeds. Spoon cantaloupe flesh into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add just enough of the cooled ginger syrup to sweeten as desired. Save the remaining syrup for another use.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. For a variation, push sliced fruit into the popsicle molds before freezing.