If you’re looking for a sweet treat, it doesn’t get any easier than these granola truffles. You might already have all 4 ingredients in your kitchen! I like using Vicki’s Granola because it’s soft and easy to roll- but you can mix this recipe up by playing with different oats/flavors.
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, cut or broken into shards
- Viki's Original Granola (or granola of your choice) for rolling truffle
- Place cream and butter into a saucepan. Allow butter to melt on medium heat, stirring the whole time. Raise the heat just until the cream mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat, add the chocolate and stir until it is completely melted. Continue stirring until the mixtures thickens and cools a bit. Cover mixture with cellophane and place in refrigerator. Allow at least 2 hours to cool and thicken for at least 2 hours but mix 3 to 4 times during that time.
- To form truffles use a small melon baller or spoon to scoop chocolate mixture into the palm of your hand. Roll into a ball then roll in your favorite granola (I like Viki's Granola because it's soft). Place completed balls on a parchment-lined tray and refrigerate before serving.