Beach days, BBQs, and bikinis are here- and it’s time to start preparing our skin and nails for the hot summer ahead! These tips from Skyy Hadley, celebrity manicurist, are perfect to get your nails ready for summer.
Which shades work best on fair, medium and dark complexions?
- Fair skin, use white and blue undertones
- Medium skin, use pink undertones
- Dark skin, use transparent tones
Is it safe to cut cuticles?
- Trimming or cutting cuticles during a manicure is purely cosmetic and sometimes doesn’t benefit the nail in any way. The cuticle is the barrier to protect the surrounding skin and helps prevent the nail from getting infections (bacteria).
How can one treat yellow/white nails?
- The most common suggestion would be to stop using so much dark nail polish. Of course we all love using dark colors but this may cause your nails to become discolored. Secondly, always use a base coat. By using a base coat, you’re adding in a protective layer between your nails and the polish. This will also help to prevent staining and can actually help keep your nails healthier.
Thanks for the tips, Skyy!