Whether you’re entertaining or just trying to cool off this summer, this DIY ginger cantaloupe popsicle recipe is the delicious, refreshing treat you need in your life.
They’re a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth – and the best part is they’re guilt-free!
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- Sliced fruit (optional)
- Popsicle forms and popsicle sticks
- In a small sauce pan, add the sugar and 1/2 cup water over medium heat. Cook just until the sugar has melted. Remove from heat and drop in ginger. Set aside until cooled. (Remove ginger when ready to use!)
- Slice cantaloupe in half and scoop out seeds. Spoon cantaloupe flesh into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add just enough of the cooled ginger syrup to sweeten as desired. Save the remaining syrup for another use.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. For a variation, push sliced fruit into the popsicle molds before freezing.