My sister-in-law’s grandma Marilyn makes the most amazing Pumpkin Dump Cake. My brother and I were all over it last year. Pumpkin dump cake basically consists of a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin pie filling- that’s it! I was at the store and saw a box of chocolate gluten free cake mix, and I really wanted to experiment to see if the same concept would work without the traditional mix. Gluten free baking can be extremely time consuming, so the fact that this actually worked is AWESOME! This will be my go-to for gluten free guests year round.
- 1 box of gluten free cake mix (I used Cherrybrook Kitchen)
- 1 15 oz can Libby's Pure Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 tsps. Vanilla Extract
- Note: If you use a different cake mix, try to use a brand that's 18.25 oz or close. GF cake mixes tend to come in smaller boxes.
- Preheat oven to 400`.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla, stir until smooth and uniform; don't add any other ingredients that are mentioned on box.
- Mixture will be very thick but that's ok. Evenly distribute miture into a 12 c. muffin pan lined w/foil baking cups and/or sprayed w/nonstick spray.
- Place pan in oven & bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, approx. 20 min. Allow to to cool slightly. Enjoy.
If gluten free is not your thing, follow the same directions using a box of devil’s food cake and don’t add vanilla. Happy baking!